PCOS Awareness Month was established in September 2018 by the non-profit “PCOS Challenge: The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association” with the aim of promoting greater awareness around the world about the issues related to PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and supporting the millions of women affected by this disease.
La PCOS is a widespread multifactorial syndrome that affects 1 in 10 women worldwide and involves hormonal, reproductive and metabolic disorders. It represents one of the most widespread causes of female infertility and it is a precursor for other serious conditions including cardiovascular disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and endometrial cancer.
With the ideal opening on September 1st of each year (Word PCOS Day of Unit), the PCOS Challenge association promotes various events, marathons and medical congresses throughout the month of September in order to:
- increase awareness and education about PCOS among the public, in particular women, girls and health professionals;
- improve the diagnosis and the treatment of PCOS;
- disseminate information on diagnosis and treatment options;
- improve the quality of life of women and girls with PCOS and support them in their daily “battles” of coexistence with PCOS;
- promote the need for further research, better treatment options and cure for PCOS;
- urge medical researchers and healthcare professionals to improve their understanding of PCOS in order to research, diagnose and provide care to women and girls with PCOS;
- encourage countries, states, territories and localities to make PCOS a public health priority.
Pizeta Pharma has always been close to all women suffering from PCOS with targeted and dedicated nutraceutical solutions. Discover our DIKIROGEN ZERO.